- Pomona College, B.A. in Neuroscience, Phi Beta Kappa
- San Francisco Conservatory of Music, M.M. in Vocal Performance
- Coordinator, Student Academic Enrichment Center at the SF Conservatory of Music
- Math: Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus AB, Geometry, Prealgebra, Trigonometry, Math (K-8)
- Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT
- English: ESL/ESOL, Grammar/Writing
- Social Studies: Music History
- $180/hour - 12 Sessions
- $225/hour - 4 Sessions
- $300/hour - Single Session
I have worked professionally as a tutor for high school and university students for 10 years. My background is a mix of science and art: I earned my Bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience as a pre-med student before returning to school for a Masters in Vocal Performance. Since then, I have balanced my artistic career with a strong passion for teaching.
- High school academic and test prep tutor (10 years)
- Coordinator, Student Academic Enrichment Center at the SF Conservatory of Music (3 years)
- Substitute Instructor, SF Conservatory of Music (1 year)
I love teaching math because it is both abstract and creative. There are often several ways to explain a concept or solve a problem. I help students learn to categorize their knowledge so they can adapt their strategies to each problem, rather than relying on memorization. I also like to challenge students about their mindset and habits around math learning. One of my greatest strengths is helping my students develop resilience and confidence, especially students who have traditionally struggled with math.